1. To me the main principle I learned from this parable is, that since we have knowledge of what is to come in the next life, use this life and what you have to help others and prepare yourself for what is to come in the future. Help others, and live worthy to live eternally.
2. This parable is really eye opening. We learn that now those who were not able to hear the gospel can hear it and progress. It wasn’t until the Savior visited the spirit world the gulf with bridged and vicarious ordinances can now be performed. The main principle I learned from this was that this life is so temporary and we must take care of the those in need now, because in the next life we want our earthly choices to have been good ones.
3. The main principle from this parable for me personally is that we must remember to give thanks in all thanks, and we must be obedient to that which we are asked to do even if we do not understand. The Gospel is peace needed to go to all men not just men of certain races. The man who came back to give thanks was a Samaritan and Jesus loved and thanked him and showed His Apostles race did not matter.
4. The main principle from this parable is to continue to ask the Lord in faith and patience for that which you are seeking. Sometimes we must pray a long time for things, but we must continue to do so in faith believing that we will receive. If we receive something right away we may not be grateful for it, or we may not learn the lesson we need to.
5. To me this parable was given to remind us that we must pray in humility. We can’t think of ourselves in as such amazing people who are better than our neighbors. We must recognize before Heavenly Father that we are of nothing without Him, and we are not better than others.