Saturday, July 6, 2013

New Commandment

According to John 13:34-35 others can know we are Disciples of Christ, by if we show love unto one another.

List some specific ways a disciple of Jesus Christ might respond in the following situations (in accordance with John 13:34–35):
*Someone you know is ridiculed or made fun of because of the way he or she dresses. 
-In this situation I would show love to this person, by sticking up for them. I would refute what the person was saying, and direct the attention elsewhere. I wouldn’t want to put the person making fun of them down because then I am just acting like the person who is being unkind, but I would want to be a support to the person being made fun of. I would very much make it known, that it is not ok to say things like that to someone and would help to change the subject.

*You see a new person at church.
-The way to show love in this situation is really simple. Introduce yourself and invite them to come sit with you.

Ponder the question, “Do people know that I am a disciple of Jesus Christ by the way I treat them?” Select a family member, coworker, or neighbor and make a short list of things you can do during the coming week to show him or her kind of love the Savior would show. Then follow through with what you wrote down.

-I can choose to show love to my roommates by doing dishes that are not mine, picking up after them, and helping them with little needs I hear them speak about. I know personally when people do this for me it makes a world of difference.


No comments: