Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Heart

Their is no use in me sleeping. I probably won't for at least a week. I'm experiencing heartache. I hate heartache. Is anything worse really? No. I won't say why for awhile but it's happening. I think I'm a firm believer in the patchwork heart. I think we all have patchwork hearts. In life different people have effects on us. When we love a person they take a piece of our hearts with them and we take a piece of theirs for us. This results in a patchwork heart, made up of lots of different pieces of people we love and have made an impact on our lives. Sometimes when that person we love has to leave us, it hurts really bad at first, because first they are taking a piece of us with them and second we take a piece of them. The sewing on of that person's heart hurts really bad. You think why do I have to go through such pain. Especially when the pain feels so unnecessary and you feel so uncertain of the choice that was made. I guess I just have to accept the new piece of heart I received and keep moving forward, whether it feels okay or not.. 

2 comments:

Maureen said...

You are a big patch in my heart..love your writing..

Jari said...

Lexie, you write beautifully. I'm so sorry for your pain. I can't wait to give you a big hug when I see you. If you need anything between now and then please let me know.