Monday, May 2, 2011

To be or Not

I was thinking about my life and the events that have occurred as of lately. I was thinking of life and opportunities. It got me thinking about what happens in life. Have you ever had something in your life that you knew was supposed to happen, you knew it would, but then it didn't happen. I wonder if in life you are shown opportunities but they never go anywhere because you or say another person did not act. Action was not taken when it was supposed to be, and so the thing that was supposed to happen didn't? Making sense? Probably not. It's okay I understand. I wonder if those things that don't happen never were ever meant to really happen, but only served as a learning experience for you. So many times I think life could go this way or that way, but what if it was only supposed to go one way all along, because the things you didn't do were never really supposed to be apart of your "life plan." I know. I think too much.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

You are a DEEP thinker my child..let me think on this and get back to you on what I think..I do think your amazing, no wait I don't think I know!

Jari said...

And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.

The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he? (D&C 122:7-8)

I'm not trying to diminish anything you said or think. I don't even know if I know what you're exactly thinking I'm just taking a stab in the dark. All I know is that we learn a lot, and sometimes disappointment or things not going according to plan is the best teacher.

Love you, hope my thoughts didn't come out in a strange way.

Lisa said...

Just stumbled upon this post from your mom's blog. Just have to say that I can so relate to this post. I think about things like that too. To me, it's all about our choices, no matter what might have been, we will all recieve all the blessings we have waiting in store if we just continue on our way the best we know how regardless of what choices others make. Someone else is ultimately in control and we will gain all the happiness and blessings that we deserve no matter the choices others make. And sometimes it's all about timing! Great post!