Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Beatitudes Matthew 5:1-12


1. Blessed: To be happy and have blessings come upon you.
Blessedness: To have joy come upon you, or good things.
2. Beatitude 1: The Merciful
                Being merciful is such an important part of life. I know that when I show mercy on others it always helps them in life and brightens their outlook. There are enough rough people in this life who take what they think they deserve and help no one around them. I believe being merciful creates a love for others and helps others create a love for you. I know that when others are merciful to me I really appreciate them not being judging of my flaws and helping me get through life.
Beatitude 2: Pure in Heart
                Being pure in heart is one of the greatest characteristics you can create within yourself and seek in others. Being pure in heart creates happiness because people who are pure in heart have no other intentions behind what it is they are doing. They seek after what is right and do it for the right reason. This creates happiness because they inspire you to be pure in heart, and help you to better yourself. It also creates amazing people in your life who are solid friends.
Beatitude 3: Poor in Spirit
                When you are poor in spirit you are humble. It is not easy to obtain humility especially when there are so many things you can be prideful about. I believe that being poor in spirit creates happiness because you acknowledge the hand of God in your lives. You know where you came from, where you’re going, and where you’ll end up. Being humble draws others to you and it really helps people to connect and relate to you in all aspects of life. 

No comments: