Saturday, May 25, 2013

Walking on the Sea



Choice 3: Matthew 14:22–33. Walking on the Sea

  1. Review Matthew 14:22–33. Identify in writing what the reaction of the Apostles was when they first saw the Savior walking on the water toward them.
-The Apostles were afraid of the Savior because they could not see who He was.
  1. What did Peter’s response indicate about him?
-I think that Peter was happy to see the Savior and wanted to come to Him.
  1. According to Matthew 14:30, why did Peter begin to sink?
-Peter became frightened because of the elements around Him. He feared them more than he had faith in the power of the Savior in that moment.
  1. What did Peter do when he began to sink? What word in the verses describes the expediency or the timing when Jesus responded to Peter’s request?
-Peter cried out for help from the Savior. Christ stretched forth His hand immediately. I think this is a reminder that our Savior is always there for us, we just need to ask.
  1. Read Doctrine and Covenants 88:67. Write a paragraph describing what principle from this verse relates to what Peter did to successfully walk on the water. How can this same principle be applied to your life to assist you in walking over the storms of life?

I think that when Peter first saw Christ walking on water He had the utmost faith and love for Him. Peter wanted to come unto the Savior. I think the principle that I can take from this verse is that when we turn our lives to Christ we are filled with light, and we will not sink in tribulations. Peter struggled once on the water, and I think we struggle with trials in our own lives. I think what I’ve learned from this is that when we seek the help of our Savior and truly believe He can help us, He always does. We have to do our part and come to Him and He will always have his hand reached out to us.

  • How and what did you do to complete the assignment?
-I read the assigned verses and thought about its meaning.
  • Why did you decide to do the assignment you did?
-I love this story about Peter and our Savior. I think much can be learned about      seeking our Savior’s help and how He is always there.
  • What do you think is the best thing about your assignment, and how do you think it could it be improved?
-I loved analyzing Peter because we are the Peter in this story. I don’t see any improvements for this week. 

No comments: